The Regency Tavern dates back to 1700 when part of the building operated as a toll, where people could pay a ha’penny to promenade around Regency Square. It is now a Grade II listed building.
The pub is richly decorated with fine furnishings, cherubs, paintings and ornate mirrors. Even the gents and ladies’ lavatories get in on the act with their sparkling walls and mirror balls.
The atmosphere of the pub is enhanced by a piano on which talented pianists perform a variety of music, from pop to songs from the shows to light classical music, on Sunday afternoons.
The Regency Tavern offers a wide choice of traditional cask ales and distinctive international lagers as well as an excellent wine selection, sourced from independent producers around the world.
The pub is used by community groups such as the Regency Square Area Society, local Green Party and the Federation of Small Businesses and has disabled access.